Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Trying Something New for Christmas!

Hello everyone! I have had a rough spell lately with pain, medical treatments, and trips to Mayo, and haven't been blogging much here mostly because I wasn't creating much. I buckled down after Thanksgiving and got to work on Christmas cards. Last year I made over 120 cards, but scaled it back a little this year and only made about 65. I just finish making them, writing out addresses, and slapping stamps on them, so they will go in the mail tomorrow! (later than normal)

I like variety, so I make about 5-10 of each design, based on how much paper I have that matches.

For starters, I tried the marbled shaving cream technique that I have seen everywhere lately. It was messy! The other thing I noticed, is that it probably isn't a good idea to use menthol scented shaving cream, because they cards definitely smell like shaving cream haha I wasn't thrilled with the results, and don't think it looks like the other examples I have seen. I might try it again and see if I can get a different result. Here they are-
The backgrounds drying


The finished cards

Here are the other cards I made this year:

Trying out some new dies

Added some vellum over the top because my adhesive was very sticky!

New background stamp with one of my favorite color combos- blue & silver

Another intricate die cut, that I had trouble with the adhesive. I really need to find a good way to stick these on after cutting them!

New Authentique Paper with fun colors!

Non-traditional Christmas colors

Some quilting fabric leftovers from a friend that I cut and sewed on the burlap


That's all for today! Hope to get back into the swing of things and keep creating. It is time to stock up on some birthday cards too. I have been wanting to try some more new techniques, so hopefully I can share those with you as I learn.

~Until Next Time
Shari




No comments: