Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Scrap-A-Holic!

 If you have been doing any craft: paper crafting, sewing, or any other art form, you likely have a LOT of scraps and miscellaneous that you keep in case you need it one day. I have more than I should, I am sure! So when I sat down every afternoon last week, my goal was to stock up on some cards and use up some of my scrap pieces of paper. How small is too small to keep? I am embarrassed to admit I have some as small as 1" square or 1/2 wide strip a few inches long. You just neve know when they will come in handy, am I right!??




Just a small glimpse of some scraps in my box!


The first two cards I made were get well cards. I used a die cut flower set and similar stamp set to create two different but similar cards. Also, I made one card open sideways, because I have a lot of white cardstock in narrow widths, and decided to make a card a little differently.

Die and Stamp Set used 2 ways


I tried finding scraps of plain color and cardstock to match some inks.


Next up, I decide to use some scraps to make a card where I could practice my coloring skills. I do not do much coloring with my markers, since I get intimidated when I see the "professionals" finished projects. I know practice is the best way to learn and get better, so I need to keep trying.


Since I am just starting to ventured into markers, I only have a few of each brand. I try to buy a set when I find colors on clearance, so I have a random hodge-podge of colors, sizes and brands. To be honest, I can't wait to be able to stock up on Copics! They work like butter on paper (is that a thing? haha) The Prismacolor markers aren't bad, and were definitely a good starter brand. I do think that more expensive markers make you better because they work well.

4 cards and colors with the same design.

That's is all I have to share today! Would love to hear you marker tips and tricks, thoughts and see your projects, so leave a comment!


Until Nest Time

~Shari

No comments:

Post a Comment