Thursday, August 16, 2018

All Over the Place

Hello Again! It has been a while since I posted. I was blogging, selling art, and fundraising so we could get my wheelchair elevator installed. That process took quite a while, and shortly after that we were heading to Mayo Clinic. Except for a few birthday cards, I haven't done much art. I decided to just change the name of the blog and continue, instead of starting over.

The only painting I have done this year (except walls) is this mural. Ok, so it is also a wall, but more fun than rolling on paint! This is the basement wall that is in the elevator shaft. When I take the elevator to the basement, I can see the flower through the clear sections of the elevator cab door. Much better than plain grey concrete.



We have been working on projects for storing my art supplies! (Thankfully I married a carpenter)
So as I start out here with my new format and new blog name, I thought I would share my craft areas.


My paper crafting room. This is also my office, so I am standing by my other desk and laptop, and stack of medical bills to take the pic! :) Hubby removed the doors and added all shelving in the existing closet. My craft desk is the bottom half of our son's old bunk bed. It is a twin XL size desk top that went under his bed. He grew up, and I inherited a massive craft desk. I love it!

This is my handy-dandy rotating marker caddy that my hubby built for me. Now, I clearly need more markers!



Here is my painting, drawing, and gift wrapping room. Again, this is my husband's handiwork. He built these shelves for ribbon and other wrapping supplies. He also made this standing desk, which I love for active painting when I need to move around!



He made the built-in canvas storage (left) after we had the space leftover where the other bedroom's closet was. (We had to close that bedroom off to make a walk-in master closet with the elevator remodel) He made some shelves and removed the doors of the existing closet for more storage (right). This is what happens when your kids grow up and move out! Every room is a craft room! hahaha

Don't worry about my overworked husband. He was rewarded with all the garage space he wanted, and new power tools. He likes being busy, and we both get to do things we love. The only trouble is we spend more time planning items to build to store our stuff in, than we actually do using the "stuff". At least we are VERY organized.

Hopefully, I will get back to doing some art, and share it with you here! I have a long list of new things to try, and always need more greeting cards!

What are you working on? I'd love to see!

Until Next Time~
Shari

No comments: