Saturday, August 25, 2018

Blended

Thought I would share this paper making project from long ago, and show you what I made with it. When I decided to try making handmade paper, my husband built the drying frames for me from wood and old screens from windows. He is the best! Plus, every time he makes something for me, he gets a new tool, so it works out pretty well. :)


Started with all my scraps from Sunday school, and scrapbooking.

Cut it up and let it soak. 


Goodwill blender worked great for small batches of paper pulp.


Here is a whole tray of watery pulp (many blender containers full).


Here is the pulp draining in the screen. I gently used a sponge to soak up excess water.

These are the first sheets after they were mostly dried.

Tried ironing the next batch to hurry up the drying. 

Got a cool burnt look, but ruined my iron. Bummer! Should have picked up an old iron at Goodwill too!

One side is rougher and darker than the other side. Partly from ironing, and partly from the paper towels they laid on to dry. It gave the sheets some texture.

Second time I tried the process, I saved solid color paper, and blended it in color groups.

I didn't have much green or blue, so I got a mixed piece!

Looks of purple and yellow from old file folders. Apparently using thick cardstock to make paper creates an egg carton like, thick paper! Not sure it will be good for much, but I am learning :)
I just bought a boatload of tissue paper so I can try again. It seems as though the thinnest papers, make the best, most usable handmade sheets of paper.


After I had all this paper made, I had no clue what to do with it all, so I made a junk journal or funky looking scrapbook. The pages are so thick, I had to order special 6" binder rings!





Enjoy your weekend, and go create something! Share what you are working on in the comments! Play along with the #G45JunkJournal Challenge



Until Next Time~
Shari

No comments: