Friday, July 9, 2021

One More Challenge Mod Squad! (MSC)

 One last challenge card today, and it is for the vellum flowers theme at Mod Squad. I have only used vellum a handful of times and never as flowers honestly. On top of using them a new way as die cut flowers, I also colored them with my new Copic markers. I think they turned out okay, but as well, I am my own biggest critic!

Simple birthday card design lets the vellum flowers be the focal point, like the challenge suggested.

Watercolor Copic Markers
Happy Birthday watercolor look vellum flowers


How do you use vellum?

Until Next Time

~Shari

4 comments:

  1. This is pretty! I tried vellum flowers for the first time today, and since I don't have Copics, I used standard dye inks on the back of the flowers. It worked well, but I allowed quite a bit of drying time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I definitely had to let the ink dry for a while, and still smeared the purple a little. Good to learn, even if it is the hard way ;)

      Delete
  2. How pretty, you have colored those flowers perfectly. It's not easy to color on vellum and you have nailed it here! Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us over at The Mod Squad!
    Judy~ MSC Designer

    ReplyDelete