Saturday, July 3, 2021

Hello Dryer Sheet and Leather Card

Hello!  

I needed a little inspiration to get my creativity flowing today, so I was browsing my favorite craft blogs. I decided to participate in the the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week with a "Anything Goes' card.


Since anything goes, I dug out a few old supplies make a vintage looking card. I grabbed a used dryer sheet that was tea stained, as well as some paper that I stained the same way. Scrap of fabric leftover from sewing masks last year, and a piece of leather that I used my new wood-burning tool on, some thread and a button, and I was ready to get started. (Leather left over from my last project)


Supplies: Tim Holtz cardstock, tea-stained dryer sheet and paper, thread, fabric and adhesive.


I got everything cut and then distressed the edges of the cardstock, as well as the dryer sheet and fabric. I add some extra thread after sewing on this cute red button, and used glue to adhere all the layers.

Close-up on the leather flower, fabric, dryer sheet, thread and button.

I stamped a simple "hello" on the tea-stained paper, crumbled it up more, distressed the edges and then added a little extra brown ink to the edges too.




I love making upcycled cards, although I have a TON of new craft supplies to use, I tend to always go back to my box of found and scavenged items. (I may have a problem! haha)

Simple design that looks a little more vintage and distressed just by adding a few extra layers. Easy peasy!

What are you making this holiday weekend?

Until Next Time
~Shari

No comments:

Post a Comment