Friday, September 8, 2017

Turning An "Oops" Into Art

A couple days ago, I tried a new technique with paint. One of the canvases did not turn out the way I expected. Remember this-

So I decided after it was dry to try again, and just paint right over that mess. I mixed the same colors again, but with silicone this time, and tried the flip cup method to get the paint on the canvas.


I set the canvas on top of the cup.


I flipped it over, trying to keep some pressure.

Then lifted the cup.

I tilted the canvas to spread the paint, and used a heat gun to bring some of the bubbles to the surface from the added silicone. This is the finished project, and all that purple looks great to me! I have a frame picked out and will soon put this on my wall!

Of course, I used another sheet of watercolor paper to "mop" up the mess left on my work surface. I have three sheets now to make some cards with.....stay tuned!


Then I went back and added Polycrylic to the other three canvases to give them a bit of shine. These 9x12 canvases are ready for a frame.



Next week I hope to have a big reveal (even Chad doesn't know what I am working on)! Although he figured out I had a large sponge and some grout. Hmmmmm


Until Next Time
~Shari

No comments: