Monday, June 7, 2021

Hoarder of Many Doo-Dads!

 I have to confess, I have been squirreling away bits and pieces of packing, clothing, gift wrapping, and more for a while now! You never know when those little repurposed items will come in handy. I am still working on using some scraps of paper to make some cards. 

The first card I made is a masculine card. I try to keep a few male birthday designs on hand. This card is made with scraps of some Tim Holtz paper I have, and the twine and black string I used to thread through the eyelets, was all in my box of leftover strings. I gather them from anywhere I can find them! (I think the black cord came from a clothing tag!)


The next card is a vintage, distressed, sympathy card. The top paper was soaked in tea a few months ago, and stored away for a project just like this. I used used tea bags to make "tea" water, then boiled it to concentrate it. Then laid several pages of cardstock in the casserole dish with the tea water for several minutes, then laid them in the sun to dry. 

An old book page, some salvaged corrugated cardboard, and an easy stamped image, and viola!



I am feverish working on my to-do list, and have some plans to showcase the recent Citra Solv papers, scrap leather, and a big DIY woodworking project that is under way, very S-O-O-N!! Stay tuned!

What are you working on this week?

Until Next Time
~Shari

No comments:

Post a Comment