Monday, June 21, 2021

Instagram Reel Attempt

You may have seen my first ever (awkward and embarrassing) Instagram reel. Well, you should definitely go check out one of my favorite crafters, Sandy Allnock, and see her challenge that started this all!

Okay, so now that you saw the reel, where I blind-picked 3 random colors, you will also see that I made some gelli prints. The colors were a deep pink, bright orange, and very dark brown. I added titanium white with a fluid matte medium to the Gelli plate before adding the 3 chosen colors. Here is a close up of some of the texture I got from my first print. 

I also grabbed a few more colors while I was playing and tried a different batch of prints. After drying, I was ready to make some cards.

I usually struggle to design masculine cards, but something about these colors made me think I could use some of my Tim Holtz stash and make a birthday card. I also thought that lovely texture would be good leaves or animal fur. Since it isn't summer, but I have these dies I have never used, I decided on a bear and trees.



The final products are two masculine cards that will both be used for birthday.


Consider trying the challenge, and let us see what you are inspired to create!

Until Next Time
~Shari

No comments:

Post a Comment