Friday, June 4, 2021

Remember That Time?

Years ago, I started a craft blog with my daughter, and it sort of fizzled out over a few months. I have blogged a few times sporadically, and tried to be consistent, and failed. Health issues sometimes complicate my crafting time (read all about it here). Hopefully I will keep posting on a fairly regular basis, so check back often to see what crazy project I am working on!

This was a project we did a few years ago, and had included in the original blog, but thought I would revisit it. I may be working on a leather project currently with some of this leather that I have hung onto for far too long! I never imagined I would be a craft hoarder, but here I am killin' it 😉

We had this chaise lounge chair that was getting too hard to "climb" into with my mobility issues, so I took it apart. Our motto is "adapt, improvise, and overcome" and that is what we did here. The first picture is HORRIBLE, because I failed to be sure the photo was good before I started destroying it.

Chaise lounge "before"

Removing the feet first

Removing the back cloth bottom

Finally getting a look at the inside

Flipped it over and decided where to cut


Hacksaw!


Peeling back the padding and leather
 
Hard part is done!

Two separate pieces

Removing the excess fabric

Reconnecting the fabric with a staple gun, and reattaching the feet.

Finished smaller chair, and another bad photo!

Meanwhile in the garage....

My amazing hubby who goes along with all my crazy ideas! <3 

Working on a making footstool out of a wine crate I snagged.

Sewing the leather to make a cover for a footstool

Making feet for the footstool

Almost finished!


Now to make the top!

Some leftover padding from the chair

Cut to the correct size

Staple gun to assemble the layers, and voila!
Easier to sit on and stand up!


Thanks for dropping by! Just wanted to share an old project, and when I use the remaining leather next week, you will know where it came from!

Until Next Time
~Shari


No comments:

Post a Comment