Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Impatient Alcohol Background

Alright, I admit it. I am impatient. So, when I saw the new Mix-Ability Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers, I wanted to try the alcohol background technique right away. The trouble is, I don't own any alcohol inks, so I made up a different way to do it.

I poured a little rubbing alcohol in a shallow styrofoam tray.

Then dripped in some Distress Inks. They sank straight to the bottom of the tray. Hmmmm


Doing this technique the right way, keep the alcohol ink on top of the water in the dish. You lay the paper on top and pick up the ink. Since that wasn't going to work, I dipped the paper in and pressed down to get it to the ink on the bottom. I smooshed it a few seconds and brought it up. I used one sheet of water color paper (the larger piece). I used a few scraps of white cardstock too, before the alcohol go "muddy" from the ink.


Here are the two cards I made once the paper dried-






Until Next Time
~Shari

No comments: