Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Pastel Christmas

My use of non-traditional Christmas card colors continues! Not sure how I got going in this direction, but kind of like stepping out of my comfort zone! I found a challenge with some bright colors, and decided to use those for my background.


I started by cutting the birch tree die, using a black pen to add small dots, while pushing it out of the die.


 Then I edged it with Distress Ink Pumice Stone and Walnut Stain.


 I grabbed some background colors (Dried Marigold, Crushed Olive, Stormy Sky, Tumbled Glass, Milled Lavender) to represent land and sky behind the trees, and used them on watercolor paper with a brush and water.


I typed up a sentiment that seemed to go with the "bright" colors, and assembled the cards. 


So for the Mixed Media Challenge #41, here is the finished project! Not exactly all the colors, but the closest that I had available. Definitely not my normal style :)




Until Next Time-
~Shari


1 comment:

  1. what a great use of the colour combo in making Christmas cards!! thanks for playing along with us at Mixed Media Monthly!

    ReplyDelete