Friday, October 20, 2017

When Life Hands You Ugly paper...

My usual style would be to use neutral and/or dark colors. I like distressed and torn edges. I usually avoid pastels, busy patterns, and bright colors. However, last January, I found a few 6 x 6" Christmas patterned paper pads in the bargain bins at Target, so I bought a couple. Since I am neck deep in making Christmas cards right now, I have a desk full of Christmas paper trying to come up with card ideas. Now that I am actually looking through the paper in those pads, I realize I am not a huge fan of the bright patterned ones! What a dilemma. What's a girl to do with a stack of paper she doesn't like?? Well, for some reason ugly Christmas sweaters came to mind. Of course, I headed straight to my ol' buddy Google and searched for "ugly sweater Christmas card ideas."

I found a few I liked, and combined a couple of those sketches to make these cards.



To be honest, these are some of my favorite cards so far! That paper I didn't care for too much actually makes pretty ugly sweaters. I would actually wear one! :)

I typed and printed the sentiment on card stock. I used a sweater SVG cut file, and glued the layers together. All the paper was from my scrap pile, except for the patterned paper that lead me in this direction to begin with! Super easy and fun design.

Hope you had some time to get into your craft room this week. I would love to see what you are working on! Don't forget, there is always inspiration to get you started on our Monday challenge posts!

Until Next Time-
~Shari


No comments: