Monday, October 16, 2017

"stART With A Photo" ART Challenge #2

Hello! Welcome to our weekly art challenge! Each Monday, I will post a photo with some color and word prompts, so you can stART your week with a challenge.

This is an "anything goes" art challenge (any format/medium). The purpose is just to give you a push to get creative- art, crafts, DIY projects. Just use the weekly photo, color scheme, and/or words to get you started. There is no right or wrong way.

Does the photo remind you of something else? Provoke an emotion?

You can use any or all of the colors, objects, words, etc or none at all! Think outside of the box, and be sure to share your creations with us!

There is a tab with the challenge rules, but the most important rule is to have fun! I would appreciate if you link back to my blog too.

stART with a Photo Challenge #2

This week's challenge is inspired by this very old photo of the hubby and I all dressed up for a renaissance costume wedding. There are a lot of colors and things going on in this photo, so I thought it would be fun to see all the various inspiration!



Since I have 80 Christmas cards to make this year, I decided to use these colors (most of them anyways), and the leaf inspiration to make a few cards. Here is my project for this week's challenge-


I used the Neenah card stock and embossed it with a Christmas folder. I used several colors of distress ink to color the raised embossed areas. After gluing the card stock onto the card, I edged it with "walnut stain" distress ink. I stamped the sentiment on scraps of white card stock, and mounted them on black shimmer paper.

Next, I used two shades of green shimmer card stock to use the leaf dies. I tied the paper twine into tiny bows, and used liquid glass adhesive to hold that all together on the card. I stuck the sentiment on with 1/2" squares to give them a raised appearance. Supply list below!

No one played along with me last week, for our first challenge! Hopeful someone will be inspired to create and share! 

Enjoy yourself. Be creative. Share your link in the comments. Please visit some of the other blogs and leave some love!

Thanks for playing along!

Until Next Time-
~Shari



No comments: