Monday, October 23, 2017

The Challenges Continue!

I have been having fun playing along with the Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge Blog. Some times it is helpful to get a little inspiration from a creative prompt!

I decided to try some clear embossing powder with a water color background, using the colors from challenge #265, but didn't like the way it looked. I tossed the background in the recycling bin, and started over.


This time I tried silver embossing powder and colored pencils instead. Here is my card for Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge #265-


When I finished that card for the challenge, I realized that the now dried first background didn't look horrible, so I made that into a second card!



I also made a card for Color Dare #266, since I was working with similar colors already.



Here is what I came up with for this challenge-


Don't forget to check out our weekly challenge! You don't want to miss it! :)

Until Next Time-
~Shari



5 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! Each one has it's own personality! I'm so glad you finished the one with the butterflies. That background was worthy of being on a card! My favorite is the birthday card. I love how you did the cut away at the bottom of the flowers. Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing at Color My Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - all three cards are gorgeous! And you are right not to toss the background from your first attempt - sometimes going back and giving our "attempts" a second look makes us realize that they can absolutely be used for something that we hadn't considered. I also love the third card the best. Thanks for joining us on TWO Colour Dare challenges - hope to see you continue creating and sharing with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, all three of your creations are wonderful. I love the embossing powder and watercolor/color pencil backgrounds. Thank you for joining us with both of our Color Dare Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty cards! Thanks so much for taking the Color Dare challenge--please join us again soon!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards...love all three, a little bit of torn and stressing, and some stitching and your masking on the third card and design is exceptional. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare this week and please join us again for our next color challenge.

    ReplyDelete